Database Open Access
Non-Invasive Fetal ECG Database
Published: Sept. 6, 2007. Version: 1.0.0
Goldberger AL, Amaral LAN, Glass L, Hausdorff JM, Ivanov PCh, Mark RG, Mietus JE, Moody GB, Peng C-K, Stanley HE. PhysioBank, PhysioToolkit, and PhysioNet: Components of a New Research Resource for Complex Physiologic Signals (2003). Circulation. 101(23):e215-e220.
This database contains a series of 55 multichannel abdominal non-invasive fetal electrocardiogram (FECG) recordings, taken from a single subject between 21 to 40 weeks of pregnancy. The records have variable durations, and were taken weekly (two or more records were acquired during some weeks). These records may be very useful for testing signal separation algorithms.
The FECGs in this collection were amplified using a g.BSamp Biosignal Amplifier. The data have been stored in EDF/EDF+ format.
- 2 thoracic signals
- 3 or 4 abdominal signals (most records include 4).
- Electrode positioning was varied in order to improve SNR.
- The analog amplifier also includes a 50Hz notch filter switched ON.
- Ag-AgCl transducer.
- Bandwidth: 0.01Hz-100Hz (synchronous sampling of all signals)
- Sampling rate: 1kHz.
- Resolution: 16 bits.
- Gains and input ranges are included in the records in EDF format.
- Patient Identification contains the gestational age. The format is week+day.
The database was prepared for PhysioNet by:
Marcelino Martinez Sober, PhD (email: marcelino.martinez at uv dot es)
Jorge Granado Marco
Digital Signal Processing Group (GPDS)
Electronics Engineering Department
ETSE Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingeniería
Universitat de València
C/ Dr. Moliner, 50, 46100 Burjassot (Valencia) Spain
Anyone can access the files, as long as they conform to the terms of the specified license.
License (for files):
Open Data Commons Attribution License v1.0
Total uncompressed size: 372.6 MB.
Access the files
- Download the ZIP file (372.6 MB)
- Access the files using the Google Cloud Storage Browser here. Login with a Google account is required.
- Access the data using Google Cloud "gsutil":
gsutil -m cp -r gs://nifecgdb-1.0.0.physionet.org DESTINATION
- Download the files using your terminal:
wget -r -N -c -np https://alpha.physionet.org/files/nifecgdb/1.0.0/